FACT: A condo association will not protect your personal property.
You need condominium hazard insurance
Are you surprised? Don’t be! There is a reasonable explanation for this and as your trusted insurance agency, we are here to clarify. If you are the owner of a condo or townhouse, you understand that you not only own your individual condo, but also share ownership of “common areas” in the building. If an area is shared, the condo association will most likely cover any maintenance fees, upkeep costs, and other expenses that arise. However, the association is NOT responsible for covering YOUR personal property within your individual unit, or your liability.
If your condo association is not going to protect you 100%, then who will? This is where Lloyd Pro Group comes into the picture.
Condo Coverage Explained
If you are the owner of a condo or townhouse in Georgia, you have come to the right place. Lloyd Pro Group has been providing condominium insurance solutions to the Metro Atlanta Area for over 20 years. Our condo insurance can be designed to provide coverage for the following:
- Bath facilities
- Kitchen facilities
- Personal items
- Renovations and home improvements
- And more…
Condo hazard insurance can also offer liability protection in the event that a friend or guest is injured on your property. Without coverage, such an incident could run you thousands of dollars – especially if it turns into a lawsuit.
How do I know how much condominium insurance i will need?
REMEMBER that the condo associations insurance policy will not cover you for everything.
Here are a few questions to find the answers to help you find out how much extra coverage you will need.
1. What does my existing condo association policy cover already?
2. Are the condo association policy limits high enough to cover my unit as well as the physical property of the building?
3. Does the home association policy cover all of the upgrades I have made or plan to make to my condo?
4. Will the condo associations policy cover me for all scenarios where I might be personally liable?
5. What if my condo’s building gets damaged by fire, storms, vandalism or mold?
6. Will all my stuff be covered? Here is a tip… make an inventory list! Then talk to your agent about adding a rider for jewelry, antiques and fine art that is worth more than a $1,000.00
Protect your Condo or Townhouse, Today!
As you can see, condo insurance for a condo owner is just as important as a home insurance policy would be for a homeowner. Why not pick up the phone to find out more about condo insurance and townhome insurance? It is free to give us a call and you may find that the valuable information that you receive is priceless. Be sure to ask about how to get a discount by combining it with your auto insurance policy. Our agents would be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns that you may have – or provide you with a free quote.