Clark Howard, Atlanta’s trusted consumer advocate offers some very helpful tips regarding your Decatur Ga home insurance premiums and your home insurance overage. Lets look at them one at a time and then if you have any questions you can contact Lloyd Pro Group at (770) 381-5000 to get them answered for free.
- First Clark tells us to figure out what limits you want on your homeowners insurance, and what value you need to insure. If you are not sure of what limits you need then feel free to contact us so that we can explain your options to you.
- He tells us that sometimes you’ll get a better deal if you buy your homeowners insurance and auto insurance from the same company.
- Here is a very important point to think about. Clark tells us that we need to get a quote for insurance that would pay to actually replace your belongings, rather than pay you based on their depreciated value. For example, lets say you have a 10 year old 36″ TV. It may be worth only $150 because of depreciation. Now go ahead and try to buy a new 36″ TV for $150.00! Now you can see the wisdom of insuring for “replacement” value.
- Clark reminds us to every 5 years to update your coverage for the value of your home and its contents. Think about it… How many things have you purchased in the last 5 years? How many updates have you made to your home that would increase its value?
- Clark is a big fan of raising your deductible. So it is no surprise that he suggests that you raise your deductible to $1,000 or $2,500. Why does he suggest this? First you will pay less for your premiums. But even more important than that, Clark tells us that you’ll reduce the risk that your insurer will cancel your coverage because you made too many small claims. We don’t want that , do we?
- Here is another good one. Clark tells us to talk to your agent and ask them about what kind of documentation you would need to substantiate a claim, in case of fire or being stolen. You can contact us for a free “Insurance checkup” and we will be happy to answer this question for you.
- Clark then shares a great tip to videotape your house and describe your possessions, a must-do to inventory for your Atlanta home insurance. Finally, don’t make the mistake of storing the tape in your house, in case their is a fire!
- Clark reminds us to also be sure to carry enough liability coverage to protect you against a lawsuit if someone gets hurt on your property. This is especially true if you have a home business.
You can read more about Clark Howard at his website.
We hope these tips will be helpful to you. If you are looking to get a Decatur GA homeowners insurance quote we would be happy to help you. You can contact us at (770) 381-5000 or on the website at http://www.lloydprogroup.com
Common home insurance questions:
- Why should i take a home inventory?
- Where can i get free home inventory software?
- How do I know that my personal things are protected with property insurance?
- How your iphone can protect your valuables?
- Am I covered for a tornado?
- How can you save on Homeowners by protecting your home against Burglary?
- Am I covered with flood insurance?
- What Does Your Standard Home Insurance Policy Cover?
- How do i get home insurance discounts?
- Will Home Insurance Pay For Sewer Back Up Clean Up?
- Will Home Insurance Protect Me From Termite Damage Repairs?
- Will my Homeowners policy Cover My Expensive Jewelry?
- What does Clark Howard Say About Home Insurance Policies?
- Why should insure for more than my homes worth?
- Is landscaping covered by my homeowners’ policy?
- What factors affect your Homeowners rates?
- How do I File a Homeowners Claim?
- Could a trampoline affect your home owners insurance?
- Moving insurance: Is it worth it?
- How Pools May Affect Your Home Insurance
- How to Prevent house fires