Just say the word “trampoline” and you will see the eyes of a young child light up with excitement. While they are fun for kids of all ages, if you have ever had a child hurt on one of these contraptions, you know exactly how serious it can be.
Parents you are not alone. Insurance companies are beginning to feel the same way. In fact, a new trend is showing that many of them are raising Georgia home insurance rates rates. Some are even canceling policies. The number one reason why is because of all of the trampoline related injuries that are occurring.
Take note of a few scary statistics from a recent Consumer Product Safety Commission Report:
- There have been 11 deaths related to trampoline accidents since 1990
- Did you know that children can bounce up to 30 feet high on a trampoline?
- Reports show that there are more than 100,000 hospital emergency room cases for trampoline injuries each year.
Now you can see why there is such a concern. If you have a trampoline at home encourage your children to have fun but warn them how easy it is to get if they are not careful.
If you have any questions about home owner liability insurance for your home then please contact us at (770) 381-5000 or request a home insurance quote.
Common home insurance questions:
- Why should i take a home inventory?
- Where can i get free home inventory software?
- How do I know that my personal things are protected with property insurance?
- How your iphone can protect your valuables?
- Am I covered for a tornado?
- How can you save on Homeowners by protecting your home against Burglary?
- Am I covered with flood insurance?
- What Does Your Standard Home Insurance Policy Cover?
- How do i get home insurance discounts?
- Will Home Insurance Pay For Sewer Back Up Clean Up?
- Will Home Insurance Protect Me From Termite Damage Repairs?
- Will my Homeowners policy Cover My Expensive Jewelry?
- What does Clark Howard Say About Home Insurance Policies?
- Why should insure for more than my homes worth?
- Is landscaping covered by my homeowners’ policy?
- What factors affect your Homeowners rates?
- How do I File a Homeowners Claim?
- Could a trampoline affect your home owners insurance?
- Moving insurance: Is it worth it?
- How Pools May Affect Your Home Insurance
- How to Prevent house fires