You have homeowners insurance to cover any mishaps, such as house fires, but that is only half the battle.
Lloyd Pro Group, your Nationwide Insurance agency, is here to provide you with the best home insurance in Atlanta, but there’s a trick. It’s one of those things that you MUST have, but never really want to have to use. The easiest way to do this is to make sure you are well educated on preventing these mishaps from ever happening in the first place. Sure, you still need Atlanta home insurance just in case, but this will improve your chances dramatically!
Some staggering statistics on house fires in the U.S.
– There were 480,500 house fires reported last year- that is one every 87 seconds!
– The #1 cause of house fires is cooking, with the #2 being heating
– 2,695 civilian deaths occurred on account of house fires with 14,740 injuries.
– Damage was upwards of $10.8 Billion last year. That’s a “B”!!
How to Prevent a house fire in your home (and even save some $ on your home insurance):
- Install and maintain smoke detectors throughout your home.
- Keep fire extinguishers throughout your home and know where they are and how to use them
- Keep matches and lighters away from children
- Clean your clothes dryer lint trap frequently
- Don’t overload electrical outlets
- Make sure all electrical appliances are turned off when not in use
- Keep flammable objects away from furnaces, fireplaces, and stoves
- Keep electrical cords away from carpets and curtain
If, in the event of a house fire, be sure to have an escape or emergency plan with your entire family. Have a meeting place set outside of the home to ensure everyone’s safety. Once your family is safe, with Lloyd Pro Group, you know that your home and belongings will be covered in the case of a house fire with your home insurance.
Related information on home fires and your home insurance.