A shady spot under a mature tree can be a haven in summer. Extreme winter weather can take its toll on your carefully landscaped garden and cause irreparable damage to trees. However, rather than fixing the problem, many homeowners are uncertain whether or not landscaping is covered by homeowners insurance in Georgia
Coverage for the loss of garden trees, shrubs, and plants is generally included in the personal possessions portion of standard homeowners insurance policies. The amount of coverage is typically around 5% of the insurance value of the buildings, so if your home is insured for $200,000, there is likely to be $10,000 coverage for landscaping.
Have you considered engaging expert help to make your trees are more able to withstand heavy winds? An arborist can help to maintain trees by training, pruning, and improving their shape, structure, and appearance. Arborists are also able to advise you on the types of trees that are best in specific locations, and can help you to decide how your garden should be restocked with plants if it has been severely damaged.
In the event that you are unsure how much landscaping is covered by homeowners insurance in Georgia, read the policy terms or talk to your agent. A standard homeowners policy may have a per item limit, so you might want to consider purchasing additional coverage to make sure that expensive plants and trees are fully insured. You may also want to think about purchasing coverage for wind damage in your garden!
Common home insurance questions:
- Why should i take a home inventory?
- Where can i get free home inventory software?
- How do I know that my personal things are protected with property insurance?
- How your iphone can protect your valuables?
- Am I covered for a tornado?
- How can you save on Homeowners by protecting your home against Burglary?
- Am I covered with flood insurance?
- What Does Your Standard Home Insurance Policy Cover?
- How do i get home insurance discounts?
- Will Home Insurance Pay For Sewer Back Up Clean Up?
- Will Home Insurance Protect Me From Termite Damage Repairs?
- Will my Homeowners policy Cover My Expensive Jewelry?
- What does Clark Howard Say About Home Insurance Policies?
- Why should insure for more than my homes worth?
- Is landscaping covered by my homeowners’ policy?
- What factors affect your Homeowners rates?
- How do I File a Homeowners Claim?
- Could a trampoline affect your home owners insurance?
- Moving insurance: Is it worth it?
- How Pools May Affect Your Home Insurance
- How to Prevent house fires