Protect your property with a home inventory sheet
Nobody wants to lose their personal belongings to fire, theft or water damage. Yet, because “stuff happens” it is a real potential problem for all of us. So whether you have renters insurance or home insurance in Atlanta, pay very close attention to what we are about to share with you.
So what can you do to protect yourself?
This is where having a detailed inventory as well as proof of ownership at the time of a loss can really help to settle your claims faster and easier.
Now an accurate inventory will take some time to put together, but remember how much time and headaches it will save you later on.
What should your home inventory include?
- Walk through every room of your home and make a detailed list of your personal belongings
- Keep the receipts of the items in your possession (to prove ownership later)
- Record detailed descriptions of your things
- Take photos or video of the items in your home.
I am not going to lie to you… it will take some time to do this, just focus on how happy you will be in case you have a claim later on!
Where should I keep my inventory sheet?
It doesn’t really make sense to keep this at home, does it? In case of fire or water damage it would be destroyed. So the experts suggest keeping it in a safe deposit box if you can.
Whether you live in Marrietta, Austell, Smyrna, Vinings, Dunwoody, Roswell or anywhere in Cobb county for that matter a home inventory is essential in settling claims easily and quickly later on. Yet most people never bother to do so. Don’t fall into this trap too!
In a future article we will share tips for doing a home inventory that will reward you when you need it.
Lloyd Pro Group and Nationwide insurance have been providing homeowners insurance for families since 1985. They can be reached at 404-892-2864
Common home insurance questions:
- Why should i take a home inventory?
- Where can i get free home inventory software?
- How do I know that my personal things are protected with property insurance?
- How your iphone can protect your valuables?
- Am I covered for a tornado?
- How can you save on Homeowners by protecting your home against Burglary?
- Am I covered with flood insurance?
- What Does Your Standard Home Insurance Policy Cover?
- How do i get home insurance discounts?
- Will Home Insurance Pay For Sewer Back Up Clean Up?
- Will Home Insurance Protect Me From Termite Damage Repairs?
- Will my Homeowners policy Cover My Expensive Jewelry?
- What does Clark Howard Say About Home Insurance Policies?
- Why should insure for more than my homes worth?
- Is landscaping covered by my homeowners’ policy?
- What factors affect your Homeowners rates?
- How do I File a Homeowners Claim?
- Could a trampoline affect your home owners insurance?
- Moving insurance: Is it worth it?
- How Pools May Affect Your Home Insurance
- How to Prevent house fires