The following 9 tips and suggestions will help you to save the most money on your renters insurance in GA . Pay close attention because each and every one of these points will determine how much you save on your premium. Later, when you are ready we can give you quotes from the top companies that write renters insurance policies.
- Shop and compare: When you get multiple quotes from the top insurance companies through out the country you can be assured of getting the best value for your money. Here at Lloyd Pro Group, our specialized computer software allows you to this without having to spend hours on the internet or holding on the phone.
- Choose a higher Deductible: If you choose a higher deductible your annual premiums will be lower. (A deductible is just another way of saying how much you are willing to pay out of pocket before the insurance company pays on the claim.) So if you choose a $500 deductible you will probably save close to 12% over a $250 one. Does that make sense? Even better, if you can afford a $1,000 deductible you will save close to 24%. Just remember that you will be responsible for the entire deductible before the insurance company sends you a check in the mail.
- Invest in protecting your belongings from fire: Insurance companies will gladly give you a discount if you invest in safety devices to protect your home from fire damage. Insurance companies will do this because it lowers your risk for very large claims. For example, smoke alarms and a fire extinguisher. If your home or apartment has a sprinkler system please tell your agent about that too.
- Quit smoking: Yes, believe it or not, by quitting your smoking you not only help your health, but you help your wallet too. Statistics show that too many house fires are caused by a lit cigarette. (Plus, just think of how much you will save by not having to pay for cigarettes each week. This will more than pay for your renters policy for the whole year!)
- Invest in Securing Your Home: When you take the time to invest in security measures like deadbolts, security systems, motion active lights, etc you will not only make your home safer… you will save money on your premiums too
- Longevity: The longer you are one of our insurance clients the more of a discount you will receive. After a few years this discount can be as high as 5-10 % savings. Why not call to find out the details about this? Your local Atlanta insurance agent would love to answer your questions right now.
- Credit Scores: Did you know that your credit score could help you to save money on your insurance? Statistics show that those with good credit pay their premiums on time & make fewer claims. Insurance companies will reward you for this with a lower premium. So work hard at keeping & improving that credit score!
- Location! Location! Location! When you choose to live in a safer neighborhood you will save money on your renters policy. Insurance companies look closely at the crime statistics of each neighborhood by studying the zip codes. It only makes sense that when you choose to move to a “safer” neighborhood that has fewer burglary attempts that you will save money on your policy.
- Discounts: The old adage is that “If you don’t ask… you will not receive.” So be sure to ask for all the discounts that are available to you.
Lloyd Pro Group makes it very easy for you to save on your renters insurance right now. When you call to speak to an agent they will shop all of the best insurance companies in the country for you to get you the very best rates possible. This way you don’t have to spend hours doing it yourself.
Call (770) 381-5000
Common questions about renters insurance
- How can renters save money on insurance?
- Why keep a renters insurance inventory of your belongings?
- Renters tips for conflict resolution
- The difference between landlords and renters insurance
- Do I need renters insurance?
- Renters have home fires too!
- 9 ways to save on renters insurance
- How to get renters insurance in Georgia?